Code snippets are Knowledge and Sensitive ones doubly so! With DECS you can store, secure and tightly control access to proprietary bits, tokens, configurations, certificates, and other sensitive data all in one workspace.
DECS is more than a searchable coding diary. Tag, share and sync your curated snippet knowledge base within a Team, Organisation or with the World. Import and export your code snippets seamlessly with no platform lockdowns.
Now no more copy-pasting into text files or all-purpose notebooks. With DECS browser extension (coming soon), using single-click, capture the snippets that catch your eye and store them forever for future use.
DECS uses BlockStack Naming Service to preserve user Identity with an underlying blockchain technology which means your data is end-to-end encrypted with keys that you alone hold. Not even we could see what’s in your workspace.
Engage with your peers, colleagues, students and public – Teach and learn best practices, tricks and tips and new ideas by sharing examples from your snippets knowledgebase.
DECS though designed for Code snippets, the sky is the limit for what content you want to store. More content type support is coming soon.
You can save your sensitive information like passwords, private keys, seed codes to storage of your choice. If you are an author, you can even keep your book chapters securely. Sshh! Do you know that DECS can also be your encrypted personal diary?
Try it now; It’s Secure, and it’s Free!
What problems does DECS solve?
> Security (Users specific encryption)
> True ownership of data (Decentralised)
> User-friendly & modern interface
Have you ever dreamt of owning a personalised coding diary? Say goodbye to scattered code snippets. DECS offers a beautiful, easy to use interface to capture, manage and search your reusable code snippets in one place.
You can store, secure and tightly control access to proprietary snippets, tokens, configurations, certificates, and other sensitive data all in one workspace.
Even the DECS team could not see your data, leaving you with peace of mind.
For whom your Product/ Service is for?
- Software developers
- Students – learning to code
- Anyone who wants to store information securely
What makes you stand out from the crowd?
Features that set DECS apart from rest of the code snippet organisers are
1) Security – Unlike traditional apps we use BlockStack Naming Service (BNS) to preserve user/domain identity with an underlying blockchain technology. BNS binds user identity to off-chain state without relying on any central points of control thereby the risk of DDoS or spoofing attack is reduced.
2) Reliability – Your data is end-to-end encrypted with keys that only you hold. You will have full control over who has access to your snippets.
3) Decentralized – We provide all our users, a default storage hub where your encrypted data can be stored for FREE. You can always relax knowing your data is end-to-end encrypted with keys that only you hold. Optionally, you can choose where to store your data, whether on a cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP) of your choice or your own personal server.
4) Accessibility – DECS comes with an intuitive UI to create your own snippets or seamlessly import snippets from other platforms such as Github or Bitbucket. Also, you can export your data at any time – no platform lockdown.
Any Achievements or Milestones accomplished?
- Successfully launched BETA after 2 months of inception of the idea
- Chrome extension launching soon
What are your future plans?
- Chrome browser is launching soon to capture code on the go
- Team and organisation specific enterprise version
- Token model to sell and buy the proprietary code snippets
About The Founders
I am Chandu from DECS team. I started this as a side project, and now it has grown into a three-membered group. We are located across three continents with our full-time jobs, but we spare our free time developing the product and doing a bit of outreach. We specialise across multiple domains ranging from DEV Ops, Backend to Frontend and with a bit of designing touch.
DECS is launched back in December 2019 and by far we have around 200 users on the platform with very positive feedback. In the era of constant cyber attacks and data leaks, tools such as DECS who offer end to end encryption is of prime importance.
Founding Date: 2018-12-01
Industry: Software development
Number Of Employees: 1-10
Headquarters: Cambridge, United kingdom
DECS Twitter Feed