I am Steve Jackson – Sr. Editor & Business Analyst from The Startup INC.
I’ll be bringing some amazing Startup Stories for our audience, where I’ll be interviewing some crazy minds associated with rising startups.
Today, I am excited to share Synctag’s Story. Synctag is a Social Media Management Platform that is committed to making a dent in this space by providing some revolutionary features.
Without any further ado, let’s see what Ramkumar Sundararaj, Lead Strategist at Synctag have to share with us.
Here we go:
Q1) Tell us about your startup – Synctag
(When and how did you start? How did the idea come up?)
Synctag is a web agglomerator endorsed as the co-sell solution with Microsoft Inc. that helps to provide a scientific approach towards management of networks such as social, email, content, and media (such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Any email networks and RSS integrations).
As we agglomerate multiple data points, our engine provides an integrated AI (Artificial Intelligence) based analytics to understand your Target Audience, Relevance of the campaign with the targeted audience, Sentiments that are derived from the campaigns, Keywords or Hashtags that are more viral towards the target audience.
Q2) What are the real world problems that Synctag is solving?
(Why do you think that now is the perfect time for your startup to exist?)
Synctag along with the niche strategist team are able to provide unique social media solutions to get a 20% above more ad delivery value for the ads on social media and campaign virality in the shorter time period.
Q3) Brief about the founding members
Harsh Mehta, Co-founder and CEO, is a Computer Technology major with expertise in AI Engineering, Software Engineering and Cloud Development.
Ashok Metha, COO, MBA major from Palm Beach Atlantic University, Florida, manages total Synctag operations.
Q4) Is Synctag funded?
(If Yes, then how you succeeded in getting the funding. If No, how do you run the show?)
- Synctag received its first round of seed funding from an individual for a pre-money valuation of 5.5 cr in 2015
- Subsequently, we raised another seed round in the same year 2015 for a pre-money valuation of 20cr also followed by another round at 35 cr in 2016
- Through the subsequent rounds, we at Synctag felt that we required a more focused investor who could help take the product into the global space thereby we were able to bring in private equity investor Mr. Rakesh Khatotia from Subhkam Ventures at undisclosed valuation and funding
Q5) What is the biggest challenge that you face? And, how do you plan to overcome it?
- Currently, the marketing team is aggressively working on providing brands with niche solutions and model. The Synctag team with the Microsoft co-sell team, Mr. Abiram is working on to create models that could disrupt the current methods of ad proposition on social media for sectors such as E-Commerce, Retail stores, hospitality, hospitals and FMCG.
- Plan to expand in foreign markets such as Australia, Ireland and UK by end of 2018.
- To create more trusted marketing partners across India to be able to cater and provide niche solutions for Corporates and SME for Social ROI, Digital asset management and optimization.
Q6) Top 3 marketing strategies that are working for you?
- Inbound marketing strategy where we push through blogs, case studies, showing companies as to how we create the required results. Using these ingredients in an effective manner we give them the best results effectively.
- We provide a platform for the companies to create a solution that can be integrated and used in their own platform module. By integrating our solutions, we aim to make their lives easier.
- Analysis of any raw data is our speciality.
Q7) What is your biggest achievement to date that you are proud of?
- Have signed on as Co sell partner with Microsoft
- In process of similar partnership with IBM and leading AI technology companies across the globe to provide accurate AI solution to clients through an aggregation model.
- Expanded the product base from India to New Zealand on board 3 clients along with a TMP (Trusted Marketing Partner) for Synctag promotion in New Zealand. The partner shall onboard another 10 clients by April end with Synctag.
- Synctag as a product has evolved past the digital marketing to more focused solutions in analytics, digital asset audits, platform aggregation across the web and considering the current product line to be able to provide data sets to help brands make much more value from the ads across the social media platforms.
Q8) Where do you see your startup – Synctag, heading for next one year?
Moving further Synctag believes to be able to integrate all AI platforms into its portal to eventually provide the most accurate solutions on which engine provides the most relevant insights on social media data to make better decisions thereby resulting in higher ROI in terms of Brand awareness or leads or offline walk-ins
Q9) What is that one advice you’ll like to give to all the budding entrepreneurs out there?
Impossible only means you haven’t found the solution yet. Stay long enough with your problems and you’ll derive the solution.
Q10) Favourite Quote
“Here’s to the crazy ones” – by Steve Jobs
Subscribe for exculsive Startup News & Updates
Don't worry, we don't spam